The most common cause of death and injury for seniors is slipping accidents. In the event of injury from this type of accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation from those at fault.
Morris Law Accident Injury Lawyers slip and fall lawyers in Aiken and Myrtle Beach have been helping injured victims for some time. If you are hurt due to the carelessness of another person or entity, you should not suffer both financial loss and physical trauma. We will make sure you get the maximum compensation for your injuries, regardless of whether they resulted from a slip, trip, or fall.
We offer no-obligation, free case reviews. Just call us at (803) 470-4444. During our consultation, we'll evaluate your case, answer any questions you may have about it and inform you about your options moving forward. You will not pay us a dime until you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.Why Do Slip And Fall Accidents Happen?
The most common causes of falling accidents are wet and uneven surfaces. Other reasons for slip and fall accidents are:
- Cables and cords can become a problem if they are laying on the ground. Tripping on one of these can result in serious injury.
- It is impossible to control the weather, but businesses, homes, and government buildings can take precautions to prevent injuries. If proper precautions are not taken, the party responsible will be liable for compensation.
- OSHA training and poor work conditions contribute to slip and fall accidents in the workplace. Construction workers are most vulnerable to these accidents due to increased hazards.
- In the event of damaged or missing handrails, those who depend on these systems become more vulnerable.
- Those who are elderly or physically ill may be more vulnerable. As a result of their weakened sense of balance, the elderly and infirm are susceptible to potentially life-threatening injuries.
- The lack of adequate lighting in buildings and broken lights outside make it hard to see what is in front of you, leading to a accident.
Do You Know What To Do After an Accident?
Here are some steps you need to take after a slip and fall injury:
- Any injuries you may have should be examined and diagnosed by a doctor. When you file a claim, your doctor's report will serve as proof of your injuries. In addition, you will also learn what symptoms to look for in the days and weeks following the accident.
- Take pictures and preserve any items on the scene. As well as the time and date of the accident, write down what you were doing before it happened.
- Inform the police, a supervisor, a store manager, a landlord or the store owner of the accident.
- Find out how to contact witnesses
- Identify and document the location of surveillance cameras near the accident site.
- Make no statements to the person at fault or to their insurance company. Don't use social media, and consult your attorney for guidance.
- Get a copy of the police or store report.
How Your Slip and Fall Attorney Calculates Damages
There are several factors that affect the settlement:
- Lost Wages: This refers to lost wages from an accident that caused you to miss work.
- Medical expenses: This includes the costs of all medical care associated with your accident. In addition, your attorney will calculate future medical costs such as surgeries, therapies, or medications. Rehabilitation and nursing care at home are taken into consideration. A home may also have to be remodeled to accommodate a disabled individual.
- Pain and suffering: This category relates solely to the severity and permanence of your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity value: This amount represents compensation in the case of an accident that permanently disables you or prevents you from returning to work as you did before.
Morris Law Accident Injury Lawyers in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
The Aiken personal injury law firm of Jeff Morris gives their clients compassionate and diligent service as they fight for their rights. Call us at (843) 232-0944 to set up a free case review. You can also reach out to us online.