Slip and Fall Lawyer in Myrtle Beach
If you sustained an injury on someone else's property because of their negligence, you could recover compensation for your damages. For example, you might have to deal with extensive medical bills or miss work because of your injuries. The liable party should have to compensate you for these losses.
The Myrtle Beach slip and fall attorneys at Morris Law Firm are ready to fight for you. We can develop a strong case strategy to prove the other party's negligence caused your injuries. With our team on your side, we will do all we can to get you the maximum compensation.
Morris Law Firm Is Here for You After a Slip and Fall Accident
When you start working with our firm, you can expect exceptional legal representation. Not only do we provide legal guidance, but we also support you through this difficult time. We understand the legal process is stressful-that's why we give each client and case the personal attention it deserves.
When clients come to us for help, we want to provide the best possible legal guidance.
If you contact our firm after a slip and fall accident, you can expect:
- A free consultation. A lot of clients come to us when they are already facing financial stress. We don't want to add to that stress by charging upfront fees. Our attorneys offer free consultations so you can ask questions and learn more about your legal options without taking any financial risk. There's no obligation to work with us after your consultation-although we hope you'll want to.
- A team of talented legal professionals. We have the successful case results to prove it!
At Morris Law Firm, we also strategize and communicate with our clients to ensure that we meet your expectations and goals.
Do I Need an Attorney After a Slip and Fall?
Yes. You cannot juggle healing from your injuries with handling the insurance company-especially if they don't want to pay you enough to cover the cost of your injuries.
When you start working with our firm, we get to work immediately.
A Myrtle Beach slip and fall lawyer from our firm can:
- Investigate the accident. This includes reviewing the accident report and any video or photographic evidence of your injuries. With this evidence, we can determine who the liable party is and build a case against them. Our goal is to prove their negligence caused your injuries.
- Handle communications with the insurance company and opposing attorneys. The last thing you probably want to do while recovering from an accident is talk to the insurance company. Our attorneys can speak to them for you. Having us handle all communications also ensures that you don't say anything that can be used against you. Saying the wrong thing is sometimes a costly mistake.
- Handle all other legal matters. We can take care of anything else related to your claim or lawsuit. Our goal is to take the case off your plate, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Negotiate a fair settlement. Our team has experienced negotiators who know how to work with insurance companies to reach a fair settlement.
- Take your case to court, if necessary. If we can't reach a fair settlement, we prepare to take your case to court and prove why you deserve to recover the maximum amount of compensation.
We think you'll agree that the benefits of hiring an attorney for your slip-and-fall case far outweigh any negatives. The team at Morris Law Firm can make a stressful situation less worrisome by providing legal guidance along the way.
Our Case Results Speak For Themselves
Morris Law Firm has handled many cases for victims injured by someone else's negligence. Our attorneys work to help clients recover significant amounts of money after sustaining injuries through no fault of their own.
Some of our past case results include:
- A past client received $125,000 after sustaining an elbow injury during a slip and fall that required surgery.
- A past client received $85,000 after sustaining a knee injury after a trip and fall that required surgery.
- A past client received $118,000 after slipping in a bathtub in a resort.
- A past client received $25,000 after injuring her elbow when she fell in the parking lot of her condominium complex.
- A past client received $81,000 after slipping in a box store, injuring her back.
The amount of compensation you could recover varies based on the circumstances of your case and the severity of your injuries. Whatever your circumstances may be, our attorneys can fight for you to recover the maximum amount of compensation.
Hear What Our Past Clients Have to Say
Of course, you don't have to take our word for it-you can read our reviews to hear what past clients have to say about Morris Law Firm. We always strive to do the best we can for our clients, so we love hearing about their positive experiences with us.
We thank our clients who have left us positive reviews for our legal services.
You Could Recover Compensation After a Myrtle Beach Slip and Fall Accident
After sustaining an injury on someone else's property, the liable party might owe you a significant amount of compensation. Typically, the compensation you could receive correlates with the severity of your injuries and how much they have or will impact your life. "Damages" are the amount of money that a liable party (such as a homeowner or business owner) owes someone else for causing their injuries.
You may recover both economic and non-economic damages after a slip and fall accident. Economic damages are monetary losses you sustain, while non-economic damages are non-monetary losses.
Examples of economic damages you could recover include:
- The out-of-pocket costs you had to pay for medical care. For instance, you could recover compensation if you had to go to the hospital or have surgery after a slip and fall. Medical expenses may also include emergency room fees, medications, diagnostic tests, and doctor visits.
- The estimated cost of future medical bills. It's typical for certain injuries to require medical care far into the future. If this is the case for you, a slip and fall accident attorney from our firm can help estimate your future medical bills.
- The money you lost if you had to miss work because of your injuries. You could recover any type of income (wages, tips, bonuses, etc.) you lost while recovering from the accident. This also includes when you had to miss work for medical procedures, such as surgeries or doctor visits.
- The estimated cost of future lost income. If your injuries have diminished your earning capacity, you could recover compensation for the estimated cost of your future lost income. Our team can calculate this cost for you.
Examples of non-economic damages you could recover include:
- Pain and suffering damages if you have experienced physical pain. Even if your pain only lasted for a short time after the accident, you could recover compensation for physical pain. This also includes any ongoing pain and discomfort you experience because of your injuries.
- Emotional distress damages if you have psychological issues because of your injuries. You could recover compensation for depression, anxiety, fear, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), sleep issues, and more.
Non-economic damages are harder to calculate because they are not associated with an exact monetary value. Our firm can help determine how much you could recover in non-economic damages to set an estimated value for your entire case.
Proving That the Property Owner's Negligence Caused Your Injuries
To recover compensation from the liable party, you must prove their negligence caused your injuries. Proving negligence requires you to show that all four elements of negligence are satisfied.
- Duty of care: The property owner or tenant of the property owner had a duty of care to keep the property in a safe condition.
- Breach of duty: The property owner or tenant of the property owner breached their duty of care by not maintaining the property and keeping it free of hazards.
- Causation: The injury occurred because of this breach of the duty of care. If the breach of duty had not occurred, the victim would not have sustained an injury. One example of this is the "but for" test. But for the hazardous condition, the injury would not have occurred.
- Damages: The victim incurred economic and non-economic damages because of their injuries.
The attorneys at Morris Law Firm know how to build a case to prove another party's negligence caused your injuries and losses.
South Carolina Gives You Limited Time to File a Lawsuit
If you sustained an injury on someone else's property in Myrtle Beach, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit against the liable party. According to S.C. Ann. §15-3-530, you generally have three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
While this may sound like a long time, keep in mind that there are several steps we need to take before we can file a lawsuit.
These steps include:
- Investigating your case and determining liability
- Reviewing your recoverable damages and gathering documentation to prove you sustained them
- Building a solid case strategy against the liable party
- Negotiating with the insurance company and opposing attorneys for a fair settlement
Because of these steps and more, it's helpful to contact an attorney soon after your slip and fall accident. Contacting us quickly gives us the longest amount of time to prepare your case. We want you to have the best outcome possible-with an ample amount of time, the attorneys at Morris Law Firm can work to provide that.
What Are Some Common Causes and Types of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents we see include:
- Wet floors and walkways
- Cluttered aisles or falling merchandise
- Damaged flooring
- Damaged or unlit staircases
We may be able to help you regardless of how you got hurt, as long as your injuries were caused by someone else's negligence.
Most Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
Slips and falls can cause severe injuries in some cases. Some people might end up with minor bumps or bruises, while others suffer long-term or permanent injuries.
Some of the most common types of slip and fall injuries we see include:
- Broken bones in the legs, arms, or other extremities. People also commonly break ribs or facial bones.
- Spinal cord injuries. Depending on the severity of the injury, some people end up fully or partially paralyzed.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). A TBI can impact someone for a short or long period of time, depending on the severity of the impact.
- Severe cuts or lacerations. Many of these require stitches or even surgery.
If you sustained injuries after a slip and fall and now have extensive medical bills, our attorneys can help you recover the money you lost.
Contact Morris Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
If you sustained an injury on someone else's property, we want to help you hold the liable party accountable. A Myrtle Beach slip and fall accident lawyer from Morris Law Firm can guide you through the legal process, taking the necessary steps to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
To get started, contact us (843) 232-0944 for a free consultation. Our Myrtle Beach personal injury attorneys can review your case, answer your questions, and tell you about your legal options. A member of our legal team is ready to take your call, so reach out to Morris Law Firm today.