Aiken is the largest city in Aiken County, in western South Carolina. As of 2019, the city has a population of over 30,000 people. South Carolina is one of the states that is known for a very large number of auto accidents each year.
In 2015, a reported 65,643 collisions occurred on U.S. and South Carolina primary routes, 41,188 crashes on secondary roads and 12,394 on county roads. SCDPS data from 2015 reveals that driver action, such as driving too fast, following too closely etc. causes nearly 95% of the crashes in South Carolina.
Auto accidents occur for a number of reasons, such as:
- Drunk driving – There are and have been many incidents of drivers driving under the influence, or driving on high levels alcohol or even intoxication. This is risky not only for the drivers for other commuters as well.
- Unfocused driving – Many a times drivers have been seen driving carelessly while being on call or while texting. Not only that, sometimes they are focused on the radio or infotainment system or are eating or sipping on a drink. This poses a major risk to them as well as other commuters.
- Vehicle defects – In many of the cases, the accidents occur because the vehicles haven’t been well maintained or choose to malfunction right in the middle of the road or at a turn. This can have fatal effects for drivers and other commuters as well.
- Bad roads – Government bodies and building companies need to collectively take charge for improving the quality of roads and highways in the city of Aiken,
- Impaired drivers – In a lot of cases, the drivers are teens or youngsters who have only recently received their license. They need to get in ample hours of practice before they go about driving on highways and compromising their and everyone’s safety.
You must, as a responsible citizen of South Carolina and the United States of America, avoid all of these mistakes in order to ensure that you and fellow commuters are safe and well. However, in the event of an auto accident, make sure that you get the right help, reach out to your lawyers and report the incident to them along with a detailed encounter of the circumstances. Keep all your medical and repairs bills to get compensated later, and keep all evidence required handy to help with the investigation.
CONTACT OUR MYRTLE BEACH AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYERS FOR HELP
Our Myrtle Beach auto accident attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of custody matters.
Call our office to schedule an appointment to discuss your auto situation with an auto accident lawyer in Myrtle Beach.