Aiken Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents happen in seconds. One minute, you're cruising down the street. The next, you're in the hospital facing a long recovery period-and perhaps the end of your life as you once knew it. In these situations, you may wonder what options you have when moving forward.
An Aiken motorcycle accident attorney from Morris Law Firm can hold the at-fault party financially accountable for your accident and injuries. We can secure damages that account for the full scope of your medical care and other costs. Call today to begin your free case review.
Our Motorcycle Accident Firm Has Your Best Interests at Heart
When you've gone through a scary event like a motorcycle accident, you need someone by your side with empathy for your hardships. At Morris Law Firm, we provide compassionate care to each client and listen to their story. Your case is just important to us as it is to you.
There are many benefits of partnering with our firm after a motorcycle accident.
Here's what you need to know about working with a personal injury lawyer:
- We don't offer empty promises. The attorneys at our firm never give you false hope about your case's outcome; we don't sugarcoat anything. With our blunt, honest representation, you have all the information you need to make decisions.
- We are responsive communicators. Our attorneys are never too busy to take a call from a client if they need to reach us. We make you feel comfortable by offering reliable communication throughout our partnership.
- We have a history of securing fair outcomes. We've recovered six- and seven-figure outcomes for motorcycle accident claimants. We're known locally in our community as being one of the area's premier law firms.
- We have the resources to take on large insurance companies. Our attorneys regularly take on these companies-and they know we don't play games. When we file a claim, we aim to resolve it.
Our team can investigate the motorcycle accident to determine how it happened. Then, we can review police reports and other evidence to build a case against the liable party. After that, we can calculate your losses, giving us a value of how much compensation to seek in your case. We won't rest until you get the money you need to recover your losses.
We Offer Free Case Evaluations
When you call us, you can start a free case review. Here, we can provide information about our firm and describe how we can help you. We also listen to your story and explain your legal options. If you partner with our firm, we can immediately move forward with your case.
We Offer Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis
It costs you nothing to partner with our legal team. Our attorney's fees come from the settlement we secure from the liable insurance company. We agree on how much we take before your case begins. We want you to understand everything about our contingency-fee-based arrangement moving forward.
Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Aiken Can Seek a Settlement or Court Award
We aim to recover damages for your past, present, and future injury-related losses, such as:
- Medical bills: You could seek compensation for any medical bills you had to pay regarding your accident. Damages could include surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications, doctor's visits, hospitalizations, and in-home care.
- Lost income: Through a claim or lawsuit, you could seek compensation for any income you lost while out of work. You can also seek lost tips, bonuses, employee benefits, and commissions.
- Diminished future earning capacity: In some cases, people who get into motorcycle accidents suffer injuries that impact them far into the future. If you cannot return to your previous job (or cannot earn the income you once did), you could include that challenge in your claim.
- Property damage costs: Your motorcycle may have sustained serious damage. It may even be totaled. If so, your claim or lawsuit could seek compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: You may have paid out of pocket for certain things after your motorcycle accident. For instance, you may have hired someone to care for your children during your recovery period. Compensation could account for anything you spent in the post-accident aftermath.
- Pain and suffering: You could receive compensation for the pain and discomfort you felt directly after the accident and in the future.
- Emotional distress: If your accident and injuries cause you to develop mental health complications, we can seek reimbursement for that hardship in your case.
- Wrongful death-related expenses. State law allows certain parties to recover damages after losing a loved one. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, compensation could account for their funeral, burial, and end-of-life care costs
Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Aiken can calculate the value of your damages, including pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Since those damages aren't monetary losses, they are sometimes more difficult to calculate. However, once we review your damages, we can provide a closer estimate of how much your case is worth.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Every motorcycle accident case is different. So, we can't estimate your damages' value before we examine your case. Understanding your injury's severity, financial losses, and other hardships let us determine a fair value for your case.
Questions We Commonly Get From Motorcycle Accident Claimants in Aiken
You likely have many questions as you consider your legal options. We encourage you to connect with our team for answers specific to your situation. Yet, we've included some of the most commonly asked questions we get from motorcycle accident claimants in situations similar to yours.
Some have asked:
How Do Most Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Most motorcycle accident cases arise from driver error. When other motorists don't drive with care, they could hit and injure motorcyclists.
Some causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Improper left turns
- Failure to follow traffic signals
- Aggressive driving
- Driver inexperience
Other causes of motorcycle accidents include inclement weather conditions, vehicular malfunction, and poor roadway maintenance.
What Injuries Commonly Arise From Motorcycle Accidents?
Common injuries people sustain in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Even if motorcyclists wear helmets, they could still sustain traumatic brain injuries. These conditions can lead to long-term brain damage, cognitive impairments, and other complications.
- Spinal cord injuries: When someone suffers spinal cord trauma, they could lose the ability to use their legs or arms, depending on where the injury occurred. These injuries can seriously affect someone's quality of life.
- Broken bones: Broken bones can cause severe pain and require emergency medical intervention.
- Road rash: The accident may have ejected you from your motorcycle. Skidding across the pavement may have caused road rash, which can lead to disfigurement and scarring.
Sometimes, motorcyclists pass away from their injuries. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you could seek financial recovery for your losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
State law gives the injured victim three years from the accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. While this seems like a lot of time, there are several steps our attorneys take before we file a lawsuit.
These steps include:
- Investigating your accident: We must investigate the motorcycle accident and gather supporting evidence. Our attorneys can also interview witnesses and get their statements on what happened. Witnesses can corroborate your version of events.
- Building a case: Our legal team can use the evidence to build a solid case against the liable party. We can use your testimony, witness statements, photographs, and other information to secure damages.
- Calculating your losses: We can review your recoverable damages and determine their values. We do this by evaluating your injury-related invoices, receipts, and bills.
If we don't file your lawsuit within three years of the accident's date, you could lose the right to seek damages. To preserve your right to litigation, we recommend connecting with our team as soon as possible.
How Long Does It Take to Recover Damages?
How long it takes to recover damages depends on the insurance company's willingness to settle. Our team works to combat anything that delays your case's progression. That way, we can secure the compensation you need as soon as possible.
What Do Previous Claimants Have to Share About Morris Law Firm?
We're proud of the feedback we've received from injured claimants. When asked about their experience working with us, some have described us as honest, knowledgeable, and committed. We're also proud members of the Multi-Million-Dollar Advocates Forum and have high ratings on Avvo. We want you to rest assured, knowing that our team advocates for what you need.
Steps to Take After Your Motorcycle Accident in Aiken
The things you do after your motorcycle accident could dictate its outcome. Some measures that could benefit your claim include:
Getting Medical Attention
Seeking medical attention lays the groundwork for your motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit. Getting medical care shows the liable insurer that you suffered injuries and intend to seek compensation. Also, the information you get from your care provider, such as imaging scan results, can bolster your claim.
Following Through With Your Recommended Treatment Plan
Getting medical care is just one of your many post-accident obligations. You should also follow through with your doctor's recommendations, which may include attending physical therapy, taking medications, and attending follow-up appointments. You work toward maximum medical improvement by completing your recommended treatment regimen. You also prevent the insurer from contesting the details of your condition.
Limiting What You Share Publicly
The claims adjuster may look for any reason to deny or devalue your case. They may even peruse your social media accounts, seeking information to discredit your claim. During your case's progression, refrain from sharing anything online. The less information the insurer has to work with, the less reason it has to contest your case.
What Happens if the Other Party Accuses Me of Causing the Collision?
The other party may unjustly accuse you of causing the accident, hoping to escape liability for your losses. When this happens, our team presents compelling evidence to show that you didn't cause the collision. But even if you partially caused the accident, you could still seek damages. We can explain more about fault and liability during your free case review.
Should I Accept the First Settlement Offer?
Throughout our partnership, your motorcycle accident lawyer in Aiken can advise you on any feasible settlement offers. If the insurer offers compensation, you can know whether that offer meets your needs. You must know whether an offer accounts for the full scope of your losses. After you accept damages and sign a waiver of liability, you cannot ask the liable insurer for more money.
How Can I Learn More About My Case's Potential?
You can learn more about your case's potential during your free case review with our team. During this conversation, we can discuss your accident, injuries, and legal goals moving forward. There is no obligation to partner with us when you call. This is simply your opportunity to discuss your motorcycle accident case with a member of our legal team.
Our Firm Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Aiken
You might not know who to turn to after sustaining an injury in a motorcycle accident. That's where we come in. We look out for your best interests at Morris Law Firm. Our attorneys can stand up to the insurance company and seek the money you deserve. For more information, reach out to an Aiken personal injury lawyer.