Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Murrells Inlet
With its impressive scenic views of lush greenery and coastal waters, Murrells Inlet is a popular destination for tourists and residents to explore on foot. Unfortunately, as the population in the region increases, so does the number of car accidents in the area. Pedestrian accidents are, unfortunately, a common occurrence in the state.
If you or someone you love faced injuries in a pedestrian accident in Murrells Inlet, you could have Morris Law fight for you. A Murrells Inlet pedestrian accident lawyer on our team can file a claim for compensation against the at-fault party. We know the devastation these types of accidents can leave victims with, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back on your feet. Call our pedestrian accident lawyers for your no-cost case review. We can get to know you and the details of your claim.
- Pedestrian Accident Â Attorneys in Murrells Inlet
- Legal Counsel for Your Pedestrian Accident Is Affordable With Morris Law
- Our Murrells Inlet Law Firm Delivers Quality Client Servic
- Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Get Results
- Seeking Justice for a Wrongful Death Due to Pedestrian Accident
- Your Murrells Inlet Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Calculate Your Financial Losses
- A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Fight for Pain and Suffering Damages
- Establishing Negligence in a Pedestrian Accident
- Don't Lose Your Right to Financial Recovery in Your Pedestrian Accident Case
- Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
- Murrells Inlet Poses Many Dangers for Pedestrians
- Let a Murrells Inlet Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Take Your Case
Legal Counsel for Your Pedestrian Accident Is Affordable With Morris Law
Our contingency fee pricing structure means that you don't need to use your savings to hire a lawyer. We don't charge any money upfront for our legal services. Instead, we handle your pedestrian accident case from start to finish with the promise that if you don't get paid, we don't either.
We receive our attorney's fees as a percentage of the compensation we recover in your case. Billable hours and retainers can become barriers to justice and financial recovery for many people. We eliminate those obstacles so you can get the money you need to move forward with your life.
Our Murrells Inlet Law Firm Delivers Quality Client Servic
While other law firms make empty promises, our firm focuses on delivering client service.
Working with our Murrells Inlet pedestrian accident law firm means partnering with a team of professionals who provide:
- Legal Service with Compassion: We care about our clients' lives. That makes pursuing the best outcome for you a no-brainer. We care about you, and we work hard to serve you.
- Personal Attention to Each Client: Our personal injury lawyers dedicate the time to get to know you and check in with you about your case.
- Access to Financial and Legal Resources: From the moment we accept your case, we commit our time, finances, and network of lawyers and experts to resolving it in your favor.
- Easy Access to Your Attorney: There's no bad time to call or email. We work for you. That means being accessible beyond the first meeting. If you ever have questions or concerns about your pedestrian accident claim, you can trust that we can answer your questions in a timely and thoughtful manner.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Get Results
The outcome of each case will look different, but our attorneys consistently strive for maximum compensation. We are proud to achieve results for our clients.
The results below are more than numbers-they constitute peace of mind to injury victims who did not have to worry about going into debt because of their accident.
- $2,000,000 for a client who required neck surgery after being hit by a car while traveling on foot
- $675,000 settlement for a client who sustained a broken leg in a car accident after being hit by a drunk driver
- $600,000 for a client injured in a rear-end collision that resulted in cracked ribs
You could recover compensation based on the losses you incurred due to the pedestrian accident. A Murrells Inlet injury lawyer from our team could tell you the value of your case after we've ensured you have received the necessary medical treatment and assessed your financial, physical, and emotional losses.
South Carolina law provides a remedy to people who suffered an injury due to the negligence of others. In doing so, the state allows you to claim damages for economic and non-economic losses. This could include any number of hardships that result from your accident.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys help victims recover compensation for:
- Lost income (such as from business income, traditional employment, independent contractor earnings)
- Lost future earnings
- Current and future medical treatment
- Physical therapy
- Pain management
- Occupational therapy
- Damaged personal property
- Accessibility equipment
- Travel expenses
- Pain and suffering
Seeking Justice for a Wrongful Death Due to Pedestrian Accident
If a beloved family member lost their life to a pedestrian accident, the team at Morris Law offers our condolences. It's difficult to process such a preventable and unnecessary death. On top of that, the loss may have caused financial challenges. You may not know where to begin your healing journey. Many families choose to file a lawsuit for wrongful death. In this type of personal injury case, families can recover damages from the liable party.
Your family could collect compensation for:
- Final arrangement expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of guidance and experience
- Pain and suffering, such as grief
Our team can provide compassionate legal support for your family as you navigate this unfamiliar and harrowing terrain.
Your Murrells Inlet Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Calculate Your Financial Losses
Your economic or financial losses likely constitute a significant portion of your claim for damages, particularly the medical costs. Insurance companies give far more consideration to claims substantiated by medical treatment. Your medical care indicates to the insurer that your injuries are severe enough to warrant a sizable payout. We can only determine an accurate valuation of your case after you complete your medical treatment or your doctor has enough information to determine your prognosis, including your future care needs.
Completing your medical treatment will yield several key pieces of information:
- The most up-to-date and accurate medical records
- Medical bills for all of your necessary care, so your demand for compensation includes all your losses
- Doctors' reports indicating future therapy or surgeries you likely need and their costs
The above evidence affects the damages you can claim in your Murrells Inlet pedestrian accident case. Without completed treatment, you may receive a settlement that doesn't account for potential medical costs you may have down the line. If you don't receive this amount in your settlement, it becomes an out-of-pocket expense later.
Evidence Used to Calculate Economic Damages
A Murrells Inlet pedestrian accident attorney at our firm can also gather documentation spelling out your other financial losses.
Overall, we may collect:
- Medical bills and records
- Receipts and bills for replacement services, incidental expenses, or damaged property
- Check stubs, bank statements, invoices
- Work schedules and documentation from employers about your missed days
- Bills for mental health counseling sessions, physical therapy, or occupational therapy
If you have any of this documentation or any other documents you believe are pertinent to your case, you should save them in a folder. Making them available for your attorney can speed up the claims process.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Fight for Pain and Suffering Damages
Due to the intangible nature of non-economic losses, commonly referred to as pain and suffering, we must calculate these damages differently. They have no implicit financial value; therefore, they cannot be monitored and tracked in a traditional sense. Your injury lawyer serving Murrells Inlet could look to our network of industry experts in medical, life-care planning, economic, and mental health fields to determine a fair value for your intangible losses.
Your non-economic losses may include:
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Certain factors indicate the potential value of these types of damages.
Some of these factors include your:
- Health status
- Extent of injuries
- Likelihood of recovery
- Life expectancy
Establishing Negligence in a Pedestrian Accident
To obtain compensation for you, your pedestrian accident attorney must demonstrate that negligence played a role in your accident.
Establishing negligence means proving that the following four facts exist in your case:
- Duty: The at-fault driver had a responsibility to drive carefully.
- Breach of Duty: The driver breached his or her duty to drive carefully by acting irresponsibly, making a bad judgment, or violating a traffic law, such as running a stop sign or failing to yield.
- Causation: Their failure to drive safely led directly to the crash that injured you.
- Damages: You were physically, mentally, or financially harmed due to the collision (e.g., you suffered a spinal injury, incurred medical bills for surgery, or became depressed due to the accident).
Gathering Evidence to Prove Negligence
As we investigate to prove negligence, we'll need to gather evidence that may include:
- Traffic camera footage
- Nearby surveillance video
- Dashboard camera video recordings
- Cell phone video
- Pictures from the scene of the crash depicting the damage to vehicles and property
- Photos or video of your injuries
- Eyewitness statements
- The crash report
- Expert testimony from police, doctors, and pedestrian crash reconstructionists
Don't Lose Your Right to Financial Recovery in Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Per South Carolina law, pedestrian accident victims in Murrells Inlet and around the state generally only have three years to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. This applies to both personal injury and wrongful death cases. A lawyer at our firm can inform you if any exceptions apply to your case, which may extend your time to file.
However, you should remain cautious and begin the claims process immediately. Allowing the statute of limitations to expire may result in losing your right to seek compensation in court.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian collisions often result in serious harm for the pedestrian. Adults struck by a motor vehicle while on foot typically suffer head, pelvis, and lower leg injuries.
In general, some of the common pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Broken bones (tibial fractures, shattered pelvis, rib fractures)
- Knee ligament injury
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Soft tissue injuries (contusions, lacerations, sprains, etc.)
- Dislocated joints
- Amputated limbs
- Spinal column or spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
According to The California Journal of Emergency Medicine, the most common injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Musculoskeletal injuries (injury to the bone, nerves, muscles, ligaments, or tendons)
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
These injuries can lead to long-term disabilities, while head injuries tend to prove life-threatening. A Murrells Inlet pedestrian collision lawyer at our firm can work hard to ensure you and your loved ones seek fair compensation for such catastrophic and deadly injuries.
Murrells Inlet Poses Many Dangers for Pedestrians
Despite the scenic beauty of places like Murrells Inlet, the region is consistently ranked among the most dangerous states for pedestrians. Three of the top twenty most dangerous metro areas for pedestrians fall within the state's borders, according to Smart Growth America.
In Murrells Inlet, we also see our fair share of those dangers. Streets like U.S. Highway 501 and Highway 17 Business (King's Highway) contribute significantly to the pedestrian accident death toll, as recent news stories like those reported by WMBF News attest.
We Live in the Third-Most Dangerous State for Pedestrian Accidents
As mentioned, our state ranks among the deadliest in the country for pedestrians-in fact, it's the third deadliest, according to a Smart Growth America study. State officials recognize the issue. The South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS) keeps a real-time car accident and pedestrian fatality counter on its website. Recent numbers show 105 people have been killed in pedestrian crashes statewide within ten months.
The increase in pedestrian accidents in the state reflects a larger trend across the country. The U.S. saw an increase in car accidents during the COVID-19 pandemic despite fewer cars being on the road due to quarantine. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), 7,485 pedestrians lost their lives to crashes in one year.
Each year, these alarming facts leave hundreds of families in the state and thousands across the nation struggling to cope with debilitating or life-threatening injuries caused by pedestrian accidents, contending with financial hardships they impose, and grieving the lives they've taken.
Let a Murrells Inlet Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Take Your Case
Pedestrian accidents are preventable accidents. You and your loved ones should not have to suffer because of someone else's driving negligence. A Murrells Inlet personal injury lawyer can fight for the money you deserve for all the injuries and losses you've endured.
Contact us at the Morris Law today for a free case review at (843) 466-4444. We want to help.
Murrells Inlet Personal Injury LawyerAddress: 11054 SC-707 ,
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Phone: (843) 466-4444