Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Murrells Inlet
Some may think a slip and fall could cause minor injuries that won't require much medical attention. Unfortunately, that does not always prove true. A slip and fall incident could cause someone severe injuries, leaving them to deal with ongoing challenges for the rest of their life.
If you or a loved one sustained an injury on someone else's property, a Murrells Inlet slip and fall lawyer from Morris Law could help you recover compensation. We can investigate the incident and prove the property owner's negligence caused your injuries. Contact our team today to get a free case review.
The Attorneys at Morris Law Have Your Back
At Morris Law, we support our clients through every aspect of their case. From the first consultation until you recover the compensation you deserve, we can provide the support you need to get through a difficult time. In addition, we offer compassionate and aggressive counsel to each of our clients.
Clients may enjoy many advantages when choosing our firm over others. First, we want to provide our clients with the best legal experience possible. We know this can prove a stressful time in someone's life, and we want to help you get through it.
Some of the advantages we offer include:
We provide free consultations. Our legal team can review your case at no cost during the consultation. We can provide information about the steps in moving forward with a claim or lawsuit against the liable party. You can ask any questions you have during this time and determine if we suit your needs in moving forward.
We do not offer empty promises. If we tell you something, you can know it will likely happen. We don't want to give our clients false hope if we don't believe we can reach a successful outcome.
We prioritize responsiveness. We understand you might have questions as we go through your case. Our attorneys make themselves available to take your call or return a call. We can always keep you in the loop regarding your case so you never feel left in the dark.
We have a strong mission. We aim to give our customers the best legal representation possible to gain a fair settlement through a claim or lawsuit. We believe we can help our clients achieve the best possible outcome after a slip and fall injury.
We team up with our clients. Throughout the entirety of your case, we keep you informed about our legal strategy. The best way to meet your needs and goals is to have you a part of conversations if you want to.
During the initial consultation, you have no obligation to choose our firm. We understand filing a claim or lawsuit can feel like a huge undertaking, and you want the right representation by your side. Understand that our firm can do everything in our power to help you get the most money so you can feel financially whole again after suffering from an intense injury.
Do I Need an Attorney After a Slip and Fall?
After a slip and fall accident, we strongly recommend you hire a Murrells Inlet slip and fall accident lawyer. The attorneys at our firm have handled many similar cases and understand the steps we need to take to seek the best possible outcome. Therefore, we can take the necessary steps on your behalf.
Legal assistance throughout a claim or lawsuit can provide a lot of comfort for you through a difficult time.
An attorney can assist in several ways, including:
- We can investigate the circumstances of the slip or fall. Our attorneys can review the accident report and look at video surveillance footage or other photos to get an idea of what happened. We can even contact witnesses to get their corroboration of the story.
- We can build a case. Using the evidence we collected from our investigation, we can build a solid case proving the property owner's negligence caused your injuries. We have built many cases and understand how to present the facts in a way that shows our clients deserve to recover compensation.
- We can speak to the insurance companies, so you don't have to. Speaking with the insurance company often proves a long and drawn-out process. We can take that task off your shoulders and provide the communication needed on your behalf.
- We can foster negotiations with the opposing side. We can advocate aggressively for you to recover the compensation you need through negotiations. Our team has negotiated with insurance companies and knows their tactics to get people to accept a low offer.
- We can take your case to court. If the insurance company doesn't offer something fair, we aren't afraid to take your case to court.
We can perform all of these tasks so you have peace of mind throughout this process. South Carolina law states you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Therefore, contacting an attorney soon after you sustain the injury can help so we have ample time to prepare a solid case.
After getting injured in a slip and fall accident, you could recover several types of compensation. The amount you could recover usually depends on the severity of the injuries and how they affect your life. Having an attorney can also affect how much compensation you recover. With an attorney from our firm by your side, you can rest assured we can fight for you to recover as much compensation as possible.
Our attorneys can help you recover two main types of compensation. They include monetary and non-monetary damages. Monetary damages compensate the victim for the financial losses they had to pay because of their injuries. Non-monetary damages compensate the victim for subjective losses. Subjective losses can include the pain or emotional turmoil their injuries caused.
Monetary Damages Our Firm Could Help You Collect
Monetary damages refer to a form of financial compensation an injury victim can seek for their losses. At our firm, we can review the monetary damages you had to pay and can help you recover compensation for those losses.
The types of monetary damages you could recover depend on your losses.
Examples of common monetary losses in a slip and fall accident claim could include:
- Medical bills: Any type of injury claim usually contains damages for medical bills. Regardless of the severity of the injury, you may need medical attention to treat it. You could include the costs of the medical expenses you had to pay in your claim.
- Future medical bills: If your injuries might require further treatments, surgeries, or procedures far into the future, you could include the projected costs of future medical bills in your claim.
- Lost income: After sustaining an injury, you could have to miss work while you undergo surgeries, procedures, or during recovery. We can try to help you recover any income you lost through a claim or lawsuit.
- Future lost income: In some cases, your injuries could prove severe enough to where you could lose income in the future. If so, our attorneys can help you to determine how much compensation you could lose in the future because of your injuries.
- Property damage: If any of your property sustained damage during the slip and fall accident, you could include those costs in your claim. Examples of property damage in a slip and fall claim could include damage to your clothing, jewelry, a purse, or a cell phone.
If you sustain other monetary losses due to your injuries, our firm's attorneys can help you determine what you could recover. If so, we can fight for you to recover compensation for the money you lost.
Non-Monetary Damages Our Firm Could Help You Collect
While monetary damages may prove more readily quantifiable, non-monetary damages can pose more challenges. These damages compensate the injured person for the pain and emotional turmoil they felt because of their injuries. At Morris Law, we believe these damages are just as important and that you have a right to recover compensation for what you went through.
Examples of non-monetary damages our firm commonly helps our clients recover include:
- Pain and suffering: You might have painful injuries after a slip and fall. The pain could last for a very long time. Even if it only lasts for a short time, you could recover compensation for dealing with that.
- Trauma and psychological hardships: Many people experience negative emotional issues after suffering from a slip and fall injury. You could recover damages if you have dealt with anxiety, fear, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleeping issues because of your injuries.
Our attorneys can help you calculate your non-economic damages. This can help to paint a more accurate picture of the value of your case.
How Do You Prove a Premises Liability Case in Murrells Inlet?
When someone sustains an injury from a slip and fall on someone else's property, it typically falls under premises liability law. To recover compensation from an injury on someone else's property, you must prove the property owner demonstrated all elements of negligence.
The elements of negligence include:
- Duty of care: The property owner had a legal duty to provide safe property conditions to guests or patrons that came to the premises.
- Breach of duty: The property owner breached their duty by not providing safe conditions. An example of unsafe conditions in a premises liability case could include a wet floor, broken stairs, or an icy pathway.
- Causation: You must prove the injury occurred because the property owner breached the duty. If the property owner did not breach their duty, the victim would not have sustained injuries.
- Damages: The victim incurred damages because of their injuries. Examples of damages can include medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
When you start working with our firm, our attorneys can build a strong case to prove the property owner acted negligently.
Common Reasons Slip and Fall Accidents Occur in Murrells Inlet
Slip and fall accidents can occur for many reasons. However, our attorneys can help when the property owner bears liability.
Common breaches of duty where someone has sustained an injury can include:
- Slippery floors: This makes for one of the most common reasons slip and fall accidents occur. Floors can get slippery for various reasons. This includes ice on outdoor walkways and water or other liquids on the floors.
- Loose cords: Loose cords pose an obvious tripping hazard. If someone is walking and doesn't see the cord, they could fall and sustain a severe injury.
- Uneven floors: Sometimes, in older buildings, the floors get uneven. If this happens, it causes a tripping hazard.
- Hazards in walkways: Many hazards can appear outside from wear and tear on the pavement or concrete. A pothole in a parking lot or debris in the walkway could pose serious dangers, and the property owner must remove it-or they could bear liability for their injuries.
People can sustain slip and fall injuries on someone else's property in a few ways. Our team can investigate how your accident happened and work to hold the appropriate parties accountable.
Contact a Murrells Inlet Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today
If you sustained an injury because of the negligent actions of a property owner, you could recover from your losses. Call on Morris Law if you have to pay expensive medical bills or lose income because of your injuries. Our personal injury lawyers stand up for you against the insurance company and prove you deserve the compensation you seek.
Contact us today for a free consultation: (843) 466-4444. A member of our team is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week, 365 days per year. We want you to get the legal assistance you need, regardless of the day or time.